Hello! I am a native New Orleanian whose family roots in the region date back to the 1750s. I graduated from Loyola University New Orleans with a degree in communications. I grew up as an artist – working with pencil and charcoal – creating drawings of people, places, and everything in between. When I’m not planning my next photography trip, I work as a Creative Director in the publishing and media industry.
“Photography is the most immersive form of art I’ve ever experienced. As a young boy, I excelled at drawing – with pencil and charcoal. I took great pleasure in that endeavor but there was always something missing with the experience. Only as an adult did I become first interested and then enamored with photography. A photograph is so much more than the instant the shutter clicks. I enjoy every aspect of the process: the scouting of a location for composition and light, the patience required to sit for hours while you wait for 15 seconds of ideal conditions, and the editing thereafter to create an image that captures the elements of the scene.
My objective with every photograph is to create something that reflects how I felt both physically and emotionally in the scene itself. I strive to please my own eye first and subsequently hope that others connect to the photograph as well. I know I’ve succeeded when I still continue to look at photographs I’ve seen hundreds of times over the years.”
AWARDS AND PUBLICATIONS
- Finalist for Outdoor Photographer’s annual American Landscape contest
- 1st Place in the biennial “Soul of City Park” photography contest in the category of Art/Architecture/Trees
- Participating photographer in the 2016 and 2018 PhotoNOLA annual festival of photography
- Published in the award-winning book The Gardener’s Garden available on Amazon
- Participating photographer in the 2018-2019 Currents exhibition at the Ogden Museum of Southern Art
Photograph licensing is offered. To purchase prints, please click here. Thank you for your interest.